Emergency Nurse Practitioner, Post-MSN Certificate (0480)
Maria E. Main, email@example.com, (270) 745-3489
This certificate is intended for family, adult, and pediatric nurse practitioners currently practicing in emergency departments, critical access hospitals, and urgent care settings. It provides nursing professionals the opportunity to develop skills and competencies identified by the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF) as essential in these practice settings. The curriculum is built upon the NONFP competencies and the American Nurses Credentialing Commission (ANCC) requirements for advanced specialty certification.
- Current resume
- Goal statement
- Three references on form provided
- Completion of MSN, DNP or higher degree in nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program with a specialty as a Family Nurse, Pediatric, or Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Provide proof of national certification in specialty
- Hold unencumbered APRN license in Kentucky or state of residence
- One year of experience as NP
Please refer to the admission section of this catalog for Graduate School admission requirements.
Program Requirements (12 hours)
The pharmacology course requirement may be transferred from an accredited nursing program if successfully completed within the past 6 years and provided documentation of update through continuing education.
|NURS 515||Advanced Pharmacology||4|
|NURS 650||Emergency/Urgent Care I||2|
|NURS 651||Emergency/Urgent Care Clinical I||2|
|NURS 652||Emergency/Urgent Care II||2|
|NURS 653||Emergency/Urgent Care Clinical II||2|