Strategic Sport Communications, Certificate (1744)
Department website: http://www.wku.edu/communication/
Kenneth D. Payne, firstname.lastname@example.org, (270) 745-3968
Sport in the United States involves hundreds of billions of dollars in annual spending and touches every aspect of media distribution - print, broadcast, and internet. The emerging field of sport communications management demands practical skills and professional instruction beyond the baccalaureate level.
The skills-based, 12-hour (4 courses), 100% online graduate certificate brings students inside the commercial world of sport communications while challenging them to confront the extraordinary changes occurring in sport public relations, media management, multimedia content distribution, brand promotion, and sport sponsorships. The Graduate Certificate in Strategic Sport Communications is designed for those interested in, or already working in communications careers in the exciting and multi-faceted sports industry.
The courses included in the Strategic Sport Communications Certificate are also part of the Recreation and Sport Administration master's degree with a concentration in Sport Media & Branding. Students wishing to continue work towards the master's degree will need to be accepted into the program and complete seven additional courses (21 hours) in Recreation and Sport Administration.
A sample of job titles related to this certificate include:
- Sport Public Relations Manager
- Sport Communications Director
- Sports Administrator
- Development Director
- Sales Director
- Sports Marketing Account Executive
- Director of Ticketing and Finance
- VP of Business Development
- School Athletics Director
- Sports Events Coordinator
- Sports Agent
- Sporting Goods Sales Representative
- Sports Information Director
- Athletic Director
- Facilities Manager
- Compliance Director
- Athletic Business Manager
- Fitness Manager
- Digital Content Management
- Social Media Coordinator
- Why do you want to pursue this graduate certificate?
- What related qualifications and/or experiences do you bring to the certificate program?
- What are your career goals after completing the certificate program?
Graduate School Admission
Please refer to the admission section of this catalog for Graduate School admission requirements.
Program Requirements (12 hours)
|PR 521||Public Relations in Recreation and Sport||3|
|Select 3 of the following:||9|
|Sport Branding: A New Game|
|Sport Sponsorships: New Revenue Strategies|
|Strategic Public Relations Writing for Sport|
|Issues in Sport Media Relations|