Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Post-MSN Certificate (0479)
Department website: http://www.wku.edu/nursing
Rhonda B. Quenzer, email@example.com, (270) 745-3974
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certificate is for Advance Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) who have completed a master’s degree or higher in nursing and desire to pursue a non-degree course of study that leads to eligibility to take a national Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification examination.
- MSN, DNP or higher degree in nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program
- GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale.
- Submit a copy of your professional license, current and unencumbered APRN and RN license in Kentucky or compact state.
- If applicant has an undergraduate degree from an international university outside of the U.S. or if English is the applicant’s second language, submit appropriate TOFEL scores (policy established by the Graduate School)
- Submit a WKU application for admission with appropriate fee
- Provide official transcripts of all undergraduate and higher education coursework.
- Provide three (3) professional references. If graduated from a BSN program within three (3) years of application, one (1) reference must be from a faculty of your program
- Submit a typed, 1-2 page goal statement
- Submit a resume highlighting past education, relevant clinical experience, scholarly endeavors and professional service
- Document one (1) year of full time RN and/or APRN clinical experience
- Document at least one (1) year of experience working with people with psychiatric mental health conditions
- Successfully complete an interview with graduate faculty (scheduled upon completion of above).
Please refer to the admission section of this catalog for Graduate School admission requirements.
Program Requirements (17 hours)
|NURS 507||Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Assessment and Clinical Interviewing Techniques||1|
|NURS 523||Adv Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner I: Diag/Mgmt Psych Disorders in Adults and Elderly||3|
|NURS 524||Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner I: Clinical||2|
|NURS 525||Adv Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner II: Diag/Mgmt Psych Disorders in Child, Adolescent, Young Adult||3|
|NURS 526||Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner II: Clinical||2|
|NURS 511||Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner III||1|
|NURS 527||Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner III: Internship||5|