Agriculture, Master of Science (052)
Department website: http://www.wku.edu/agriculture/
William T. Willian, firstname.lastname@example.org, (270) 745-5969
The Master's Degree is a general degree in agriculture and can be thesis or non-thesis depending on student goals. The degree is general by design which allows for maximum flexibility for each student.
In addition to Graduate School admissions requirements, the Department of Agriculture requires:
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture or related field 1
- GPA of 2.75 or greater (on 4.0 scale)
- GRE general scores for quantitative, verbal, and analytical writing 2
- Three letters of reference
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (i.e. statement of purpose) in which the applicant specifies the program to which they are applying (thesis or non-thesis), academic interests, relevant experiences, and a graduate faculty member in the WKU Department of Agriculture that has agreed to serve as the graduate advisor 3,4
Exceptions to an agriculture degree may be made for non-agriculture undergraduate degree holders. However, additional coursework may be required, which will be determined by the department graduate committee and/or the student's thesis committee.
Although no formal minimum GRE scores are required, admission into the program is competitive and GRE scores will be considered during the selection process.
Program and faculty information may be found at www.wku.edu/agriculture. Students should contact the agriculture graduate program coordinator for guidance in the research advisor selection process. The graduate program coordinator will review the student research interests and suggest possible research advisors.
Applications should be received by March 15th for priority consideration.
Please refer to the admission section of this catalog for Graduate School admission requirements.
Program Requirements (30 hours)
|AGRI 491G||Data Analysis and Interpretation||3|
|AGRI 528||Population Genetics||3|
|AGEC 561||Agricultural Production and Economics 1||3|
|AGRI 590||Experimental Design||3|
|Select 15 hours||15|
Not required for thesis students